Our monetization platform features a fully developed integration with Amazon CloudFront.
Our platform supports integration with many popular web services. One of these services is Amazon’s CloudFront.
Using the Amazon CloudFront integration, you can quickly and easily protect and monetize your content that is being processed through AWS Elemental and delivered through CloudFront.
All you need to do is insert the CloudFront URL of your content into your CloudFront InPlayer asset, and embed the asset on your webpage.
Using our CloudFront integration is a very secure way of protecting your online content, because our platform makes it impossible for users to share the content once they access it through the paywall.
Let’s take a look at how everything works.
Before you can connect your CloudFront and InPlayer accounts, you will need two things:
- CloudFront Key-Pair ID
- Private Key
You will also need to make sure that your CloudFront distribution has been set as Private so that your files aren’t directly accessible.
To get the CloudFront Key-Pair ID and the Private Key, just follow these steps:
- Log into your CloudFront account.
- On your account menu, click My Security Credentials.
- You may receive a message giving you the options to either Continue to security credentials or Get started with IAM Users. Select Continue to security credentials (you can check the option to prevent this pop up from coming up in the future).
- Expand CloudFront Key Pairs.
- Check that you have no more than one active key pair. You can’t create a key pair if you already have two active key pairs.
- Click Create New Key Pair.
- In the Create Key Pair dialog box, click Download Private Key File.
- In the Opening <filename> dialog box, accept the default value of Save File, and click OK to download and save the private key for your CloudFront key pair.
This is your Private Key.
Important! Save the private key for your CloudFront key pair in a secure location. If someone gets your private key, they can generate valid signed URLs and signed cookies and download your content. You cannot get the private key again, so if you lose or delete it, you must create a new CloudFront key pair.
For more info, you can visit this page.
- Save the Access Key ID in a text file on your computer.
This is your CloudFront Key-Pair ID.
Once you have your CloudFront key, you are ready to connect your CloudFront and InPlayer accounts.
First, log into your InPlayer dashboard.
Your CloudFront account is now paired with your InPlayer account, and you are ready to create your first CloudFront asset.
You can learn how to do that here.