Our monetization platform features a fully developed integration with the Brightcove platform.
Connecting your InPlayer and Brightcove accounts
Connecting your InPlayer and Brightcove account is extremely simple. In order to pair your Brightcove and InPlayer account, log in to InPlayer dashboard and navigate to the OVP Integrations located under your Account Settings in the top right and choose Brightcove (OVP).
There you will be prompted to enter the Client ID, Client Secret and Account ID from your Brightcove Account.
Read on for a step by step guide.
How to find Client ID, Client Secret and Account ID
- Click the ADMIN link in the Studio header from the Brightcove Dashboard
- Click the API Authentication link. The API Authentication page will open displaying your current client registrations.
- Click Register New Application.
- Enter a Name and Short Description for the client registration.
- Select one or more of your accounts for authorization. You can select multiple accounts and click > to add them or click >> to add all accounts. Click < to remove an account or << to remove all accounts.
- Under Exposed Brightcove APIs, select the Read/Write from the Audience section and Video Read/Write from the CMS section, as presented below.
- Click Save
- A Client ID and Client secret will be returned. Copy those and enter them in the appropriate fields in the InPlayer Dashboard
- Next, proceed to Admin on your Brightcove account and navigate to Account information, where is located the Account ID. Copy it and paste it in the last field in the InPlayer Dashboard.
- Click Save
NB Brightcove Domain Restrictions
The player availability properties can be used to restrict a player to limit the domains where the player can be used. InPlayer integration offers the possibility to use the default Brightcove player, therefore to configure a domain restriction for a player, follow the instructions:
- Navigate to Brightcove default player
- Proceed to edit the Availability section
- Enter one or more complete URLs to restrict your player’s availability to these particular domains and make sure to include either http:// or https://
- The URL should not end with /
- Once the Domain Restrictions are made, click Save and Publish. Domain restrictions are implemented by the account’s policy key, therefore all policy keys for an account must be domain restricted.
Creating an Asset
To create an asset in the Dashboard, follow the few steps below:
- Log in to your InPlayer Merchant account and proceed to the Assets tab.
- Click on the +Add New button.
- Select the Video asset type.
- Click on Brightcove.
- Choose whether you would like to Add One Video or Sync All Videos
Selection of Add One Video will create a single Asset with the video that was chosen. Selection of Sync All Videos option will allow you to choose which of the selected videos will be added and Assets created simultaneously, or the option to add them all will create the Assets automatically by setting the Asset Description and Asset Name being invoked from the Brightcove dashboard.
This will open the asset creation window where you will be able to modify the look and feel of your asset, add pricing and integrate the selected video from your Brightcove account.
Before continuing forward, make sure to give your new asset a Name in the top-left corner.
Modifying the asset
The asset creation window contains four sections.
In the Description section, you can give your asset a title, description, preview image and change the text on the Buy button.
*Tip: You can advertise the price of your digital content directly on the Buy button.
In the price options section, you can add and remove multiple prices and select from a range of currencies.
The third section is where you will choose the Video.
This field is not used for the Brightcove integration and can be skipped altogether.
Once you have done the entire modifications click on the Save button, located in the top-right corner.
Embedding the asset
Once you have created your Brightcove asset, it’s time to embed it on your website and start selling.
To get the asset embed code, click on the action button of the asset you’ve just created and locate the button in the top right-hand corner.
We also advise that you should use the Paywall V2, which is an updated, more optimized and modern version of the V1.
Choose your Branding theme by selecting it from the drop-down menu, as presented below. If you don’t have any Branding Themes or have set a default theme, you don’t need to select anything from this drop-down menu.
You will see the paywall show up on your website and you are will be ready to start your digital monetization journey.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com.