The world has been overwhelmed by live video streaming for a few years now with no intention of slowing down. That’s great news since the obsession only continues to grow. This makes live video streaming huge business with insane amount of engagement and ability to build followers trust.
The personal nature of live video is appealing to the masses. Owing to increasingly affordable methods and steadily improving technology, live video is taking over almost every aspect of the digital marketing arena.
We have compiled a list of important live video streaming statistics which will give you more insight into audience behaviour, communications and what you should be on the lookout for in near future.
1. 7% of all live video viewers after watching a live video of an event are more likely to buy a ticket in the future of that particular event or a similar one in the future. (LiveStream)
2. More live content is viewed that ever before by Internet audiences accounting for 81% viewed more in 2016 than in 2015. (Mediakix)
3. 87% of people would prefer to watch online video if it gives them more behind-the-scenes content than a standard TV broadcast. (LiveStream)
4. 45% of live video audiences are willing to pay for content that is live, exclusive and on-demand video from a favorite team, speaker, or performer. (LiveStream)
5. The record for most consistent viewers for a single stream was set in this year by eleaguetv, a professional esports team, with 1,027,493 viewers. (TwitchStats)
6. 92% of mobile video consumers have a tendency to share videos with others, according to Invodo. (Insivia)
7. As many as 100M internet users watch online video every day. (VideoBrewery)
Live video streaming stats for business
1. 80% of viewers would rather watch live video from a brand than read their blog. (LiveStream)
2. Executives also love watching videos. 59% of them would rather watch a video than read text. (VideoBrewery)
3. In a report published by Forrester, including video in an email campaign leads to a whopping 200-300% increase in CTR (click-through rate). (Business2Community)
4. Companies using video are likely to have 41% more web traffic from search than non-users. (HubSpot)
5. 52% of marketing professionals worldwide say that video is the type of content with the best ROI (return of investment). (HubSpot)
6. 40% of consumers state that video increases the chance for them to buy a product, especially on their mobile devices. (HubSpot)
7. Businesses that use video can grow company revenue by 49% faster year-over-year than those who don’t use video marketing. (HubSpot)
1. Research on Twitch shows that streamers who generate content on a regular basis are likely to generate three times more income. (Streamlabs)
2. Live content on social media like Facebook receives 10 times more engagement than regular videos. (Business Insider)
3. Millennials are the largest group of consumers and creators of live content. 63% of them have watched live content and 42% have created it. (eMarketer)
4. 74% of millennials think that live video is helpful when doing shopping online. (HubSpot)
5. 67% of viewers think that video quality is the most important factor when watching a live stream broadcast. (LiveStream)
6. “How to” searches for videos on YouTube specifically go up by staggering 70% year-over-year. (HubSpot)
7. 88% of visitors stay longer on a site that has important and informative video displayed. (SingleGrain)
The goal around brand recognition has not changed a lot in recent years, but methodology sure has. Traditional marketing tactics are either put to the test, or are ineffective in modern days.
The audience of today is thirsty for something new, thrilling and exciting, all of these being present or part of live video streaming.
Adding live video streaming to your content marketing strategy will prove its worth in the long run. If you have doubts where to start consider live streaming your next company event, live product demonstration, facilitating a Q&A. You will be surprised at how many options are out there that can be used to your business’s advantage.